Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Kraft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies in a Hurry


Here's how my family makes the super easy peanut butter cookie recipe from the side of the Kraft peanut butter jar.

One day recently my son woke up and said, "I want to make peanut butter cookies." Okay by me! Who am I to turn down baked goods, especially cookies? (Peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips are my favourite kind of cookie! Or oatmeal raisin. Who am I kidding - most cookies are delicious.) 

Do you ever make the super easy peanut butter cookie recipe on the side of the Kraft peanut butter jar? These cookies are true to the "super easy" description, so they are great as a beginner cookie for kids to bake. Plus, these peanut butter cookies are really fast to make and take very few ingredients, so they are handy to whip up if you end up hosting a last-minute playdate, or even a hungry adult visitor.



My son started making the Kraft peanut butter chocolate chip cookies recipe a couple of years ago, at the age of eight. I had to help him with the measurements at the beginning, but now he is comfortable making the whole recipe himself. And he does a better job than me!


You can make the Kraft peanut butter cookie recipe without chocolate chips, but we usually add them for an extra sweet and delicious treat.


These easy Kraft peanut butter cookies are quite remarkable considering they are flour-free and only require three simple main ingredients. I still ponder how they actually work out. But work out they do. They are delicious. My boy proudly brought the peanut butter cookies to my parents' house, where granny and grampy enjoyed them and even shared them with a visiting friend.

With all thanks to Kraft for the recipe, you can obviously use any kind of peanut butter you want. And natural peanut butter without salt or sugar works just fine.

Kraft Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies in a hurry


Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: dessert vegetarian peanut butter chocolate chips cookie

Ingredients (20-24 cookies)
  • 1 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Instructions

Preheat oven to 325°F.

In a medium size bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sugar and egg until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips.

Roll into 20 to 24 small balls. Place two inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.

Flatten with a fork. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.


15 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a great recipe-- and they look delicious {& so cool your son is the baker AND he's wearing a Green Lantern shirt which demonstrates awesome taste in superheroes}! We'll have to try that out here this weekend-- I sense a soccer treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am excited that he bakes. We will have to introduce him to some more recipes. :) I will tell him you approve of the shirt. ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh my. Knowing how simple this is, is gonna be BAAAAAAD for my health! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness they would smell diviine! And this is funny timing, because I'm in the middle of editing a blog post about some cookies I made and while I was eating them, I thought gee these would be nice as PB cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your cookies! The more cookies the better. :)

      Delete
  4. These look delicious! I almost cant wait till my kids are old enough to help me out!! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. It's even better when they can make it themselves. ;)

      Delete
  5. Yum never heard of these, how do they work with so few ingredients?! Can you use and peanut butter?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They just work somehow. :) I think part of your message is missing: ? and peanut butter? :)

      Delete
  6. Oh heavenly--the cookies and someone else making them. I can't wait until my kids volunteer to make cookies. You are right that it is amazing they don't have flour. Do they get really hard really fast?
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they don't get hard fast, unless you overcook them. They are actually quite nice in texture and last at least a few days (if they are not eaten before then). :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, looks like he did a great job with him. I love the proud/happy face of a job well done!

    Loulou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He actually did better than me. I made them a few days later and they weren't as good. :)

      Delete
  8. Mmmh, those look good, and great for your son to be baking already! I did at age 8 and I hope my kids do too.

    ReplyDelete